Celebrating special occasions are a great way of creating wonderful, lifelong memories. On this occasion, my husband and I celebrated our 20th Wedding Anniversary, and what better way to do so than spending time together at The Grand Hyatt in Hong Kong.
The grand foyer…
A delicious anniversay gift from the Grand Hyatt…
This 5-star hotel, which is directly connected to the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Center, is situated in the historic Wan Chai district of Hong Kong Island. With its convenient location (5 minute walk to Wan Chai train station) and breathtaking views across the alluring Victoria Harbour, Grand Hyatt Hong Kong transcends luxury hotels to another level.
Beautiful freash orchids are attended to daily…
There are 542 rooms within the Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, each unique in their own way, with the majority showcasing the impressive views of Victoria Harbour. The contemporary, yet luxurious accommodation, caters for families, business or romantic couple retreats. Complimentary water is supplied daily, and if you happen to forget your overseas adapters, no need to panic, the Grand Hyatt have a set of adapters in each room.
Bathrooms are spacious and include dual sinks, a large bath, separate stand up shower and separate toilet area. Quality toiletries are provided, from toothbrush kits to shavers.
Each room is also equipped with the innovative technology of the “Handy” smartphone. The smartphone was extremely beneficial as we used it the entire time we were exploring the city. Handy allows access to:
- 4G Internet access with multiple devices via a Wi-Fi hotspot
- Unlimited local calls and international calls to the United States, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Australia, Singapore, China, India, Japan and South Korea
- Popular pre-set travel information, including Hong Kong city guide and interactive maps
- Full access, just like with a personal handheld device, allowing guests to download and install their favorite apps
The spectaular view from our room…
The supercool Handy smartphone…
Restaurants and Bars
In the mood for Italian, Chinese or Japanese? At Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, your taste buds will be tantalized with an array of international cuisines on offer. With nine renowned quality restaurants and bars, Grand Hyatt will take care of your dining experience with impeccable service and professional chefs, delivering mouth-watering dishes each and every time.
- Grissini authentic Italian cuisine with an amazing view of the city and an impressive two story wine cellar
- One Harbour Road offers traditional homestyle Cantonese cuisine and dim sum, and represents the elegant interior of a “rich mans” Shanghai mansion during the 1930s.
- Grand Hyatt Steakhouse a cosy steakhouse featuring prime cuts of beef, and an impressive seafood and oyster bar
- Kaetsu traditional Japanese favourites,with a selection of exclusive sake.
- Grand Cafe all-day dining restaurant that offers an international dinner buffet
- Tiffin, with live music performances and its cosy setting, features daily lunch buffet, afternoon tea set, dinner buffet and Sunday brunch buffet.
- The Grill serves barbecue dinner buffet and weekend brunch buffet.
- The Waterfall Bar, an outdoor poolside lounge.
- Champagne Bar is an art deco inspired bar that offers the most extensive champagne selection as well as other beverages, wines and caviar.
The Tiifin Lounge…
Delicious fresh seafood buffet…
Lobster salad at the Grand Cafe…
Room service breakfast for early check outs…
- Plateau Spa
- 24-hour fitness studios
- 50-metre heated outdoor pool
- A 400-metre jogging path
- Children’s playground
- Tennis courts, squash court and golf driving range available for rent.
- Business Centre
- 22 Flexible event venues, which can cater for meetings, conferences, weddings and private parties.
Other Notes on the Hotel
WiFi – Wifi is available and extremely fast and reliable.
Transfers/Taxis– Private car transfer options and taxi service are available from the concierge.
Public transport – If you are arriving via public transport, Wan Chai station is a 5 minute walk away. Star Ferry to Kowloon is also a 5 minute walk.
Check-in and Check-out times – The standard check-in time is 15:00, and the standard check-out time is 12:00 noon.
Things to See and Do Nearby
For a complete guide, read my previous post on How to spend 48 hours in Hong Kong.
With exquisite decor, flawless service and appetizing international cuisine, a return to Grand Hyatt Hong Kong will be apparent if and when I ever return back to Hong Kong. Thank you Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, for a short but extremely memorable stay.
Disclosure: Post in collaboration with The Grand Hyatt Hong Kong. This post contains a mixture of my own personal photos and pictures supplied by the Grand Hyatt. All thoughts and opinions are my own, and I choose to write this honest review to inform you about my experience.
Need Travel Insurance? Click here:
AllClear Travel Insurance
Pin For Later